Saturday, November 20, 2010

AWKWARD RIBBON.

Chael: So today, we were watching T.V. and there was this lady who eats chalk......What the fudge?....     Chalk? Really?... Anyways.


So this morning my sister was leaving for this place where you put a ribbon on your Christmas tree, and then come back later and chop it down... Problem is, she couldn't find a ribbon... and a couple days earlier she had given me this stuffed giraffe with a ribbon tied around it... long story short, she wanted THAT ribbon... I was devastated.

My sister: Hey, I can't find any ribbon, and the only one I can think of is the blue one on your giraffe... Can I have it?

Me (Chael):  D: .... What?

My sister: Can I have the blue ribbon....?

Me: You want to kill my giraffe?!?

My sister: No? How would I be killing it?

Me: YOU'RE TAKING A PART OF IT AWAY!

My sister: No I'm not, what the heck, its not even attached to the giraffe.

Me: Your child isn't attached to you, but he's still a part of you!!

My sister: ..... Never mind.

Brookie: MEANWHILE....

While all this was happening, I was just sitting here.... feeling awkward. As usual, around Chael's family.

I tend to think of Chael and myself almost like Opposites with a whole hell of a lot of the same interests, which is why we work so well together and I love her dearly. LIKE A SISTER, freaks.

Anyway, While I was sitting here, eating my cereal, instead of facing the situation that was going on, I was staring down at it and imagining that it was making noises, like the rice crispies cereal. Because I was trying so hard not to be included in the conversation. The sounds kinda went like this:

Cereal: Bloop. Boooppppppp bee doop.

Me: Oh, what magical cereal.

Cereal: Blooooppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedoop. Doop. Rawr!

Me: Why is me cereal growling at me?

In the background, Chael and her sister are arguing over her ribbon. But still, I listen to my cereal and it's strange noises.

Cereal: I say we take the ribbon ourselves! Mwahaha!

Me: Shut up, you're supposed to make noises.

Cereal: ...Beep? :D

Me: No, Shut the fuck up, cereal.

At this point Chael and I had started talking and now the cereal bowl itself is empty. But I have a feeling it's glaring at us right now, watching us. Like, 'Bitch, where did you take my children?' I think Chael's scared now because now she's looked over the computer screen and stared at it with a hint of fear in her eyes.

Brookie: You okay, Chael? o.O

Chael: Yeah... the cereal bowl just sounded really mean in the way you portrayed it, and I don't think you were being very fair to it since you just held your cereal for about fifteen minutes while you ate it.

Brookie: ....That's the point of cereal, Chael. You eat it. It shouldn't make noises, though in my mind that can very well happen... And it was mean cereal in my mind! It wanted to steal your ribbon!

Chael: ...... The bitch!

At this point, Chael is glaring at coffee table where the cereal bowl rests with a disgusted look.

Brookie: ... You do realize that was just my imagination, right? The bowl's not actually, you know, plotting to steal your ribbon?

Chael: Thats what you think.

Brookie: .... Yes, that is exactly what I think. It was the ONLY thing I WAS thinking. It was all my IMAGINATION.

Chael: ....Your mother.

Brookie: ...My mother what? WHAT DOES SHE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?!

Chael: ..... I don't know, I didn't think that far ahead.

Brookie: Again, you're a horrible person. And I think you have a few mental issues.

Chael: ....... Ploof...

This is where this conversation, and post ends, because I think Chael's having a mental-breakdown-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment